Would you like to make a long-term commitment to your neighborhood?
Contact Asheville GreenWorks to learn about adopting a City street. Adopters agree to clean their street at least six times a year.
The City of Asheville will provide a road sign identifying you, your group, or your business as the adopter of the street after you have completed two cleanups.
Asheville GreenWorks will provide you with bags, safety vests, gloves, and litter pickers for your street cleanups. After your cleanup, the City of Asheville will swing through to pickup your bags.
Each year, thousands of pounds of litter is removed from our roadsides through this program.
Download the Adopt a Street contract below. Please return it to [email protected] for approval.
Ready to hold a cleanup? Pick up your supplies from one of these convenient stations.
Cleanup Supply Station Locations
1) AGW Main Office @ 2 Sulphur Spring Road, Asheville
2) AGW River Office @ 318 Riverside Drive, Asheville
3) The HOP @ 640 Merrimon Ave #103, Asheville
4) Sutton / Dezio Law @ 70 Pisgah Hwy, Candler (on their back porch)
5) Buncombe County Sports [email protected] 24 Apac Circle, Candler
6) Sun Soo Martial Arts @ 800 Fairview Road, Asheville
7) Mast General Store @ 15 Biltmore Ave, Asheville
After Your Cleanup, Update The Cleanup Record
Want to know more about the Adopt-A-Highway program administered by the NC Department of Transportation?
Adopt-a-Highway is for roads maintained by the state, such as Hwy 25, Amboy Road, Merrimon Avenue, Haywood Rd, Brevard Rd and 19/23.
For more information, please contact Daniel Byers with the NCDOT at 828-225-6496.